baking

Christmas Time!

11:16 PM

Christmas eve started with lunch with my dad and Gretchen at Little Tokyo in Mt Lebanon! There is some tempura shrimp, white tuna, red tuna, and scallop sushi... I don't remember the fancy names, but it was alllll amaaazing! Then for dessert we had, I think it was Mochi, in green tea and red bean flavors! I could eat there every day. Even the hot tea was dee-lish.

Then my dad showed me how to make long island iced teas!
Then we made a billion sprit cookies with my grandma's recipe!
Then we had an amazing beef tenderloin, which is basically a giant hunk of filet mignon!
And then a night of present opening and A Christmas Story!
I got a great collection of Wok cooking things, ingredients and a special hand me down copy of Creative Wok Cooking, a book that my dad has had and cooked from since I was little. Real special! I can't wait to cook the recipes I grew up with inside! I also got that cute yellow magazine rack from Gretchy from etsy, and a metal mushroom tin recipe card holder!



So, this was a very great Christmas to finish off 2009, which happens to be the best year ever!

You Might Also Like

0 comments