cooking

Seafood Enchiladas

10:06 PM

This is one of The Beard's most requested dinners for me to make. I always forget how easy and tasty they are... Plus I made them for around $12 and with just the two of us, we have leftovers for a couple days. I always post pictures of these on Facebook and pals have asked for the recipe multiple times. I guess now is the time to reveal it's glory.


This is a recipe that my dad gave me and I added a little of my own stuff to it (like the shrimp, rice, and shredded cheese). These certainly could be spiced up with some black beans and other fillings. Yum. Also, if you make the filling with more milk it makes an amazing pasta sauce. Just sayin'.

Seafood Enchiladas
1 stick of butter
8 tablespoons of flour
2 cups of milk
8oz pepperjack cheese block
8oz pack of lobster

8oz pack of crab
small package of salad shrimp
shredded cheese
3 cooked cups of rice
package of tortilla shells

The first step is to make the sauce. You do this by first making a roux: melt the butter on low to medium heat, add the flour one tablespoon at a time stirring the whole time. Once that is all smooth and mixed, slowly slowly slowly add the milk. I added my 2 cups in about 8 small pours with stirring in between each splash of milk. You can add the chopped up block of cheese a few pieces at a time and stir until its all melted.

Toss in the seafood, then add a dash of cayenne pepper. Mix well!

Fill up your shells with rice and the cheesy seafood filling, and fold them 4 ways. 

Make sure you save enough of the filling to spread a little on top of the filled shells, then sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.

Heat them in the oven on 350 until the cheese gets bubbly.
  
Voilà. Meet your lover's new favorite dinner.  Try not to over eat!
nom.

Let me know if you make them and what you think!

:)

 

You Might Also Like

1 comments