baking

Zucchini Bread & Muffins

2:54 PM

I've always been a big fan of zucchini bread, so I have no idea why I waited this long to make some!

Now this recipe is good, but I think I need to track down the family recipe... I can't remember if it was my aunt or my grandma who made it, but I need to get it!




Here is my version, adapted from here:
2 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 table spoon sour cream
3 cups flour
2 cups zucchini, grated
1 cup nuts, chopped (I used almonds because I had them
frozen and chopped and ready from making macaroons)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour bread pans.
Beat eggs in large bowl, until foamy.
Add sugar, oil and vanilla, mix well.
Add cinnamon, salt, soda, and baking powder. Mix well. Add sour cream.
Add the flour and zucchini alternately, mixing well after each addition. Fold in nuts.
Bake for about 20 mins for muffins, 35-40 mins for loaves.


This recipe makes a TON of bread!
Yum!

:)

You Might Also Like

0 comments