baking

Apple Spice Layer Cake with Whipped CreamCheese Frosting & Salted Caramel Drizzle

1:40 PM

I really wanted to try my hand at making a naked'ish layer cake, and I obsessed for a while before I finally made one. My parents were coming over to visit and stay the night so that seemed like a perfect excuse to make a giant cake. I combined and morphed several different recipes from around Pinterest and ended up with this baby.
It was flavorful, spiced, moist, and not too sweet. I kind of think it looked a little bit like a giant cheeseburger once the caramel settled and spread across the top. Haha. Less caramel next time!


Before the cake, we had a pretty little meat and cheese tray, followed up with some amazing slow cooker Pot Roast and veggies!  






You Might Also Like

0 comments