baking

Baking from Scratch

5:26 PM


I started baking at about 10 am and finished up at about 4:30pm. I baked mostly from a vintage cookie cookbook I picked up a couple weeks ago, and I ended up with some adorable treats! I had trouble finding baking powder and baking soda (probably because tomorrow is Christmas eve), so I made recipes that avoided them... and for the candy cane cookies I worriedly used 1/4 tsp of bisquick instead of baking powder. Lucky for me they (and everything else) turned out perfect!




First up are the brown sugar butter melts! They called for a pecan on top, but I thought the little red candy made them look like cherry pies.. and I'm not gonna lie, I didn't feel like buying pecans!

 *

Next on my list are these ginger-nut party rounds. There is an almond meringue on top, and let me tell you: beating an egg white until it has peaks by hand with a fork is exhausting! But the smell of fresh ground ginger sure made up for my tired arm.

 *

Now these are just some cheat cookies. The only ones I didn't make from scratch are the only ones that had any type of mishap. Go figure. Haha. I ended up putting the dough balls too close together on the pan so the cookies came out kinda square.
  
*
  
Now for my all time favorite cookies ever! Peppermint almond candy cane cookies! We made these when I was little, and when I saw them in my vintage cookbook I nearly fainted.

*

 Now for the treat I am most proud of, my very first pie from scratch! Well, mini pies! The recipe was super easy and fast. It did say I would make 12, but I am fine with 9 mini perfectly golden bubbling apple pies!

*

I can't wait to share all of these treats with family and friends for the holidays! 


 Happy Holidays Everyone!


:)

You Might Also Like

0 comments